LED measurement: What we measure
Our LED measuring system can capture an array of data and provide it for applications. The most important ones are: Luminous flux: The amount of light key to every user is measured in lumen. This makes light sources comparable in brightness. Efficiency: Information about the amount of light per electrical power (Lumen per Watt) serves as an energy assessment.
We measure for you:
- Luminous flux in lm or mW
- Illumination in cd
- Angle of reflected beam; characteristic of reflected beam
- Power-light characteristic
- Light output / Efficiency (lm/W)
- Dominant wavelength
- Colour rendering temperature
- Colour temperature
- Colour coordinates per CIE1931 and CIE1976
- Spectral dispersion and deriving parameters
The key benefits of own measurements independent from the manufacturer’s, are:
- Data optimized to the application:
The information contained in the manufacturer’s data sheets are oftentimes insufficient. Our system independently determines date actually required.
various manufacturers oftentimes can not be compared against each other. Our system acquires comparable data per international CIE recommendations, which are the result of a calibration standard.